The 9th Annual Southampton Renaissance Faire
Date: April 22nd – 23rd, 2017
Time: 10AM to 5PM
(Faire Location) 25374 NEW MARKET RD., Courtland, VA 23837, US
Mail To: Southampton Renaissance Faire ~ P.O. Box 33 ~ Courtland, VA 23837, US
- Faire Name: The 9th Annual Southampton Renaissance Faire
- Website: www.SouthamptonRenFaire.com
- Admission Fee: $0.00 donations gratefully accepted
- Re-entry: Yes, Free
- Village Name: Coureading
- Description:Southampton County’s Premier Medieval Festival!
Held annually each spring in the town of Courtland Virginia.Our faire seeks to provide a magical experience that is both fun, as well as educational.
It is our mission:
To educate and entertain the public by offering a unique look into a chapter of human history that is not often discussed. Through a colorful mixture of period merchants, props and decorations, live entertainment, and living history demonstrations, we bring the Middle Ages and European Renaissance to life in an exciting two day period of magic and medieval merriment.
- Recreation Years: 700-1700
- Year Founded: 2009
- Opening Day: 2017-04-22
- Closing Day: 2017-04-23
- Hours 10AM – 5PM
- Parking: Free
See the http://www.SouthamptonRenFaire.com/faire/maps/ for a look at previous faire village maps.
- Number of Booths: approx 30 Merchant Shops
- Number of Stages: 3 stages
- King’s Court and Royal Stage (events scheduled prior to faire)
- Thespian Square – Stage performances (events scheduled prior to fare)
- Public House – with open performance format
- Sells Food: Yes
- Sells Alchohol: No, not permitted on site.
- Costumes: Optional, must maintain public rules of decency.
- Weapons: Allowed, must be period appropriate, and peace tied.
- Alcohol. Not permitted on site.
- Picnics: Picnic tables available for eating on grounds,
- outside food NOT permitted in the park.
- Pets: Allowed,
- Must keep their owner on a leash!
- There are live prey and predator animals as a part of our event!
- It is important, even for small pets, to keep their owner under control at all times!
- Exit & Reentry: Yes, Free
- Other Notes: This is a public area, entrance into the park constitutes your permission to be photographed. People can be photographed if they are in public (without their consent) unless they have secluded themselves (i.e. the privy, etc.) and can expect a reasonable degree of privacy.
Vendors, Merchants, Entertainers & Volunteers (The Crew)
Some event restrictions do not apply during non-faire hours. Crew FAQ’s and .pdf downloads and instructions are available upon login to our website www.SouthamptonRenFaire.com/faire/crew/
For login instructions: email Renee Diaz marketing@SouthamptonRenFaire.com
- Free Period or Regular Mundane Camping for The Crew.
- Free Saturday Evening Potluck Feast (after gates close) for The Crew
- Please provide a covered dish to share.
*Note: all vendors and entertainers must seek prior approval before appearing at faire.
Want to become part of our crew? . . .
Look here www.SouthamptonRenFair.com/faire/volunteer/
- Days Inn (757)562-2225 — 1660 Armory Drive, Franklin, VA 23851
- Super 8 (757)562-2888 — 1599 Armory Drive, Franklin, VA 23851
- Quality Inn & Suites (757)569-0018 — 1620 Armory Drive, Franklin, VA 23851
- Palm Tree Inn (757)-653-9890 — 28070 Southampton Pkwy, Courtland, VA 23837